Pumpkin Soup for the HSP

This is no Chicken Soup, it's Pumpkin Soup


I see so much things in this world, notice too many things. Sometimes I'm glad I'm born like this - other times I just wish I wasn't as sensitive as I am since I was a kid.

My eyes are always taking things in - a kingfisher in the tree, the colour of its coat, wondering if it means that's a coat meant for male or female of the particular species, wondering where's the nearest water source and if I'm the only one noticing things.

I notice the lady before me staring out at the window with a distant look in her eyes and wonder if she is truly seeing what she is looking at.

One fine day many summers ago, I watched people participate in social media and decide I too should be part of this extraordinary novel thing - because there's no reason why not.

Flip the calendars and speed up the seasons - I now associate social media with emotional fatigue - because I'm getting pretty tired of it- not all the time but only when I become aware of WHY I'm fishing for my smartphone every few minutes - I noticed myself transforming into someone different - at times, I'll be the social whiner I absolute abhorred back then; at times I showed my sincerity only to be greeted by LOL. K. HAHA.

The worst of it all, is when people initiate fragmented conversations that doesn't translate into real world bonds.

What happened to the random calls, or even a random text or letter from a friend?

I love the social media for many reasons (that's what enticed me to major in comms, to study communication)- the only concern is that it turns me into someone I'm NOT.

People don't want to hear my thoughts. And sometimes I don't want to hear theirs either. Not because I don't care- but because my sensory system would be utterly exhausted by the end of the day.

I'm sure this happens to some people too. Am I one of those pretentious culprits contributing to the crime of information and cognitive overload?

Instagram some more and you become a pretentious, artsy-fartsy attention seeker.

Update your profile pic again and you become a narcissist.

Whine again, try it. And I would judge you in different light the next time I see you at the cafeteria.

I see things and remember too many for my own good. But sometimes if I don't write them down, I forget. 
If I don't capture them, I forget.
If I don't share them, the world forgets.
And I can't afford to forget that there's still something worth remembering in this world.

This is perhaps why I'm embarking on a mission to move on, at least for a while.

To remove this tiny app called t and f from my the homepage of my smartphone.

I shall observe and continue writing stories of the world again.

***HSP, Heat Shock Proteins, Highly Sensitive Person 
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment